Cisco recently unveiled global mobile data statistics and projections for the next four years, and the numbers reveal what we all know—data usage continues to grow significantly, emphasizing the absolute necessity of reliable networks.
• Monthly global mobile data traffic will reach 49 exabytes (one billion gigabytes).
• Annual traffic will reach more than half a zettabyte (one trillion gigabytes).
• Per capita mobile devices will reach 1.5.
• Average global connection speeds will surpass 20 Mbps.
• Video will account for more than 75 percent of all mobile data traffic.